The Colombian Locations: The Cradle of America
To visit the Colombian Places is to make a trip in the History of Western civilization, to penetrate first hand in the places that more than 500 years ago discovered the New World.
1. Monastery of Santa María de la Rábida. FranciscanConvent.
In La RábidaParaje, we find other elements such as the Muelle de las Carabelas, with a reproduction of the three Columbus boats.
The avenue of Hispano-America, decorated with the shields of all the countries of the new continent; The Botanical Park "José CelestinoMutis", with species from America; The Muelle de la Reina (Dock of the keen), commemorating the first transoceanic flight made by the "Plus Ultra" between Palos de la Frontera and Buenos Aires.
2. Palos de la Frontera. Three elements related to the Discovery of America. Church of St. George, a Gothic-Mudéjar building in whose door the locals were called to accompany Columbus on his trip; The House of the Pinzón brothers, sailors who helped Columbus in the American company and the Fontanilla, a small fountain where the caravels of water were supplied for their trip.
3. Moguer. The city of Moguer was already important in times of Discovery. In addition, Moguer is famous for being the birthplace of the poet Juan Ramón Jiménez, Nobel Prize for Literature.
Anexo: horarios y tarifas
- Monasterio de la Rábida: www.monasteriodelarabida.com/index.php/tarifas
- Parque Botánico: www.diphuelva.es/contenidos/2595_parque-botanico-jose-celestino-mutis
- Muelle de las Carabelas: cerrado por obras, se prevé la apertura en 2017 www.diphuelva.es/contenidos/2596_muelle-de-las-carabelas
- Casa de los Pinzones: entrada gratuita
- Monasterio de Santa Clara: www.monasteriodesantaclara.com/horarios-monasterio-santa-clara-moguer-huelva.php
- Casa-Museo Zenobia-Juan Ramón: http://fundacion-jrj.es/servicios/visita-a-la-casa-museo/
- Casa Natal de Juan Ramón Jiménez:http://www.aytomoguer.es/es/turismo/monumentos/CASA-NATAL-JUAN-RAMON-JIMENEZ-s.-XIX/
More information about the Murcia Region, Costa Cálida & The Mar Menor